- How much do your websites actually cost?Of course this question is a bit like asking a general contractor how much it costs to build a house… “it all depends” might be their standard answer. Our typical WordPress websites, the ones we believe will work well for the vast majority of small businesses, including premium search engine optimization, range between $1,750 and $2,250. Depending on your needs and budget we will work with you to provide a smaller, less expensive website or a larger site with the additional features that your business may require.
The website you are currently viewing incorporates some custom features including two blog categories and three galleries. This website would be upper end of our typical website price range.
- Is Search Engine Optimization (SEO) extra?No. Search Engine Optimization is included in our typical WordPress website pricing. We have been successfully doing organic (non-pay-per-click) search engine optimizations for almost 15 years. This process takes time and patience, but really pays off in the long run. We target the major search engines including Google, Bing and Yahoo.
- Do you websites display properly on mobile devices?Yes. All of our websites are developed with state-of-the-art, high quality Responsive (mobile device friendly) WordPress themes. These themes are able to determine the resolution, or width, of the device being used and also whether mobile devices are being held in the vertical or horizontal position. For more information about responsive website design see our Website Development and Redesign page.
- Can I maintain my own website or do I have to pay you to do that?All of our current sites are being built using WordPress themes. WordPress sites include a simple to learn Content Management System (CMS) that you can use to make changes to some or all of the content of your website. If you can use Microsoft Word we can easily teach you how to maintain your own website with the WordPress CMS. Our websites include extensive video tutorials that are available through the website’s dashboard, or “backend”, where the editing takes place.
- How about re-designs – aren’t they cheaper?Typically re-designs of existing websites turn into a completely new website with some information such as text and images being transferred over. This is because older websites are not coded to today’s standards and it is often faster and cheaper to simply develop a new WordPress website.
- What if I only need Search Engine Optimization?This is a very common occurrence and a considerable amount of our workload – optimizing otherwise well designed websites. You can have a beautiful website with all the “bells and whistles” but if no one can find it in the search engines it is not bringing you any new business.
Search Engine Optimizations begin at $500-$750 for the home page which includes key phrase research, re-writing of the page body text, heading, and title as well as the behind-the-scenes meta tags. This is followed by four months of free monitoring and monthly reports to show how the major search engines (Google, Bing and Yahoo) interpret our changes. We make “tweaks” as necessary.
After four months we may recommend Webmastering, depending on how competitive your business is. Real estate is a prime example of a very competitive market and we always recommend Webmastering for these clients. This service runs $95 per month and includes SEO monitoring, tweaking and monthly client reports.
- How will I be billed?We require a 50% deposit before we begin a website project. You will be billed for the remainder when the work is finished to your satisfaction and final payment is due before the website is made “live” on the Internet. Search Engine Optimization only projects require full payment in advance. We accept company checks but prefer credit or debit card billing.